Emerging Scholar Spotlight:
Click to learn more.
What is an emerging scholar?
emerging: 1. coming into prominence. 2. to come into view or notice. 3. the rising generation.
scholar: 1. a specialist in a given branch of knowledge. 2. a learned person. 3. a person who attends a school or studies under a teacher.
Adapted from the Merriam-Webster dictionary.
“Emerging Scholar” is SRA’s term for ALL STUDENTS and NEW PROFESSIONALS. If you are an undergraduate student, a graduate student, or a recent Ph.D., then YOU are an emerging scholar.
SRA is committed to meeting the needs of emerging scholars. The Emerging Scholars Committee (ESC) is a group of students and new professionals who work to create and sustain opportunities for emerging scholars in the society. Get to know your representatives!
SRA offers a variety of resources and opportunities to emerging scholars, such as:
Professional Development Resources and Opportunities:
- Professional development resources
- Regular blog entries geared toward Emerging Scholar issues
- An annual SRA/EARA Summer School for advanced doctoral students from around the world
- Virtual Writing Groups focused on providing resources and services to help ES develop professional writing skills.
- Activities at the biennial meeting specifically for Emerging Scholars
- An Emerging Scholar Lounge at the biennial meeting
- Reduced membership rates
- FREE conference registration for students who volunteer during the biennial meeting
- The Young Scholars Program during the biennial meeting for junior and senior undergraduate students from ethnic minority groups
- Opportunities for students to review conference submissions together with a mentor
- Discounted conference registration for EARA (European Association for Research on Adolescence) Student and Early Career Network members
We are continually working to enhance the experience of students and new professionals who are interested in adolescent research and practice.
Have ideas for SRA?
Submit your idea or suggestion to us by email (email@example.com).